About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome! I love to write about basically anything, and so I hope that in the midst of all these words, you can find hope, joy and inspiration!

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Book Review #5: Have A Little Faith


After reading For One More Day by Mitch Albom, I couldn't wait to get started on Have A Little Faith. I was especially excited, because this was based largely on a true story.

Mitch Albom did not disappoint with this book. In fact, towards the end of the book, I cried because I could feel all the emotions seeping out between each and every word. That pretty much describes how beautifully-written the book was.

I appreciate how the book strengthens the idea that all religions are uniquely different but should co-exist harmoniously together. For example, when the Reb walks arm in arm with a Catholic priest. He uses actions to show that two people of different beliefs can and should get along with each other - because at the end of the day, all religions and all faiths teach us to do good.

The book also serves up some simple yet profound life lessons that are buried and long forgotten in our busy lifestyles. "Nothing haunts like the things we don't say" - this was my favourite phrase in the book. I also liked the part where Albom and the Reb talked about wars related to religion. (but I won't diverge further spoilers here)

All-in-all, this is a highly-recommended book for people of all religions. It packs a neat bunch of lessons that will stay with you no matter where you place your faith.

No comments: