About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome! I love to write about basically anything, and so I hope that in the midst of all these words, you can find hope, joy and inspiration!

Saturday 25 August 2012

Life Lesson #12: Busy or Free?

I flipped through my notebook yesterday to update my event calendar.

I used to love event calendars because they kept everything so organized. Even if I didn't need one, I'd get one simply because I liked the little boxes with dates and days.

Now, I'm almost completely dependent on my event calendar.

I jot down my appointments, friends' birthdays, special events, competitions etc.... Recently, I did a review of it and realized how packed it really was.

2012 is a busy year for me. My event calendar was bursting with different activities. At the time of filling in those tiny boxes, I believed myself to be joyful, annoyed, upset, frustrated, excited and maybe, even gushing different types of emotions.

When I look at them now though, I feel nothing but happiness and fulfilment.

Being busy doesn't necessarily translate for a sad, lonely life with no meaning but work after work.

Being free doesn't mean being able to live the life we envisage.

For me, I need the former to keep me satisfied, pumped and happy.

This may sound weird, (and I'm sure it does), but a busy life teaches me to appreciate time.

When I'm free with nothing to do, it's hard for me to push myself to do things.

When I'm busy with three or four tasks at hand, I learn to be more productive and maximise use of time. In fact, I often picture myself juggling different assignments in the future, but nonetheless still living a great life.

But hey, I guess everyone's different. Some people may fare better in their free time, when they can achieve peace and tranquility and think carefully about the next step.

We are all different in our own thoughts and principles, but these differences are not a platform for us to be wary or critical of others.

Respect one another for our differences - it is because of them that the world is truly a more colourful, exciting place.




No comments: