About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome! I love to write about basically anything, and so I hope that in the midst of all these words, you can find hope, joy and inspiration!

Thursday 23 May 2013

A Tribute to Zach Sobiech

I admit, I am a total crybaby when it comes to movies.

I used to cry in cinemas during movie outings with friends, or when I was watching movies at home. After that I would chide myself for crying unnecessarily when others barely shed a tear. (I did not, however, cry during Les Miserables. But that was because I expected it to be extremely tragic.)

This, however, is one video that I am proud to have cried while watching.

What is the meaning to life? We never know or appreciate it until the time comes, when it's time for us to go.

But we never expect that time to come in our teens, the time when our dreams are just beginning to blossom into reality, when we just want to have fun and be crazy.

Zach Sobiech contracted cancer when he was 14. When most of us were enjoying our so-called "honeymoon years" in high school.

I cannot imagine the pain he must've felt then. That feeling of not knowing when your life is going to end, but that it will be soon.

His family calls him a "beautiful" person. That is a fact, not a praise.

He was a living example of how the strongest people are always those who hurt the most.

I say "was", because he is now in a better place, where he continues to watch over his friends and family. His life is a testimony to how an enriching life should be, and how one person's decision can inspire many others around the world.

Rest in Peace, Zach. I may not have had opportunity to know you when you were alive, but I'm glad that I now know your beautiful story.

Check out the below site for more details and to watch the heart-warming video of Zach, his family and his friends.
http://www.upworthy.com/this-kid-just-died-what-he-left-behind-is-wondtacular-rip?g=3

No comments: